Mexicans Remains Safe from Hurricane Beryl: No Casualties Reported

0

Fifty-eight temporary shelters were set up where 2,193 evacuated persons are treated.

The coordinator of Civil Protection of Mexico, Laura Velázquez, reported on Friday that so far they are not injured and killed after Hurricane Beryl made landfall in the early hours of the morning in the north of the Mexican municipality of Tulum, state of Quintana Roo (southeast).

RELATED:
Hurricane Beryl Advances Over Yucatan in Mexico

During a call made in the framework of the morning press conference of President Andrés Manuel López Obrador, Velázquez said: “We have no reports so far of injured or deceased; I repeat these are preliminary data, we are in the relief phase”. He added: “We are already doing tours mainly in Tulum throughout the length and breadth of the municipality”.

López Obrador advised people not to leave, as fallen trees can pose a risk to the population.

The official announced that, according to the Federal Electricity Commission (CFE), in Tulum about 40 percent of the region is without electricity, in Isla Mujeres 50 percent, while in Cozumel seven colonies do not have the service.

On the other hand, the governor of Quintana Roo, Mara Lezama, launched on social network X the following notice: “Quintanarroenses, the municipalities of north, east, west and center of Quintana Roo we continue in Yellow Alert before the removal of Hurricane Beryl from our shores”.

El reporte preliminar de las autoridades mexicanas, tras el impacto del huracán veril es de que no hay personas heridas ni fallecidas. Se trabaja en ese momento en restablecer el suministro de energía eléctrica en la península de Yucatán. @ConexiontlSUR @teleSURtv pic.twitter.com/tZJg4JzZZT

— Daniel Rosas (@danieltelesur) July 5, 2024

Lezama reported that they are in moderate danger. “The cyclone continues to move away from our territory. The south of the state is on green alert”.

He also published the work being done to return to normal as soon as possible. In that sense, he affirmed that a section of a major road was released, which remained obstructed by rubble, and that economic activity and transport were reactivated at the state level.

Meanwhile, Mexican authorities said that 25,611 people are in the area to collaborate in the rescue efforts.

Deja una respuesta